who we are
The definition of Valley Life Church is “being Jesus in our community” (John 14:12).
Valley Life Church is a part of the Body of Christ, and is an active presence of Jesus in character, concern, mission, and ability amongst the people of our community and world.
…character – the fruit of the Spirit (Galatians 5:22-23)
…concern – love for people (John 3:16)
…mission – the great commission (Matthew 28:16-20)
…ability – the gifts of the Spirit (Ephesians 4, Romans 12, 1 Corinthians 12)
Our Mission Statement
blessed to live…
…live to bless (Genesis 12:1-3)
The people of Valley Life Church know the blessing and fullness of God and desire to release that blessing into the lives of people in our community and world.
Our Ten Foundational Values
- God loves us and wants us (John 3:16)
- Worship and praise of our king, Jesus (John 4:20-26)
- Accepting, serving, and honoring others (Romans 15:1-7)
- Gathering together in fellowship, unity, and community (Hebrews 10:25, Acts 2:42-47)
- The lordship of Christ and the presence of His Kingdom in the world today (Colossians 1:15-20)
- The transforming and healing presence of Jesus in every part of my life (Colossians 2:9-10)
- Giving and serving rather than taking and gleaning (Proverbs 11:24-25, Galatians 6:7)
- Holy Spirit empowered for His purposes (Luke 24:49, Acts 1:8)
- Ministry comes from the overflow of a spirit-filled lifestyle (John 7:38)
- Making disciples – the duplication and multiplication of what God is making me (2 Timothy 2:2)
Our Statement of Faith
We believe it is best to start with God, to declare that without knowledge of God we cannot know ourselves, our world, or anything else. If there is no God, we would have no reason to trust our reason.
We believe in:
- The divine inspiration of the Scripture, and its trustworthiness and truthfulness, and its supreme authority in all matters of faith and conduct.
- One God, the Creator of heaven and earth, eternally exisiting as the Father, Son and Holy Spirit.
- The sovereignty and grace of God the Father, Son and Holy Spirit in creation, providence, revelation, redemption, and final judgment.
- Jesus Christ the Savior of man, conceived of the Holy Spirit, born of the virgin Mary, very God and very man.
- The creation, test, and fall of man, his total spiritual depravity and inability to attain divine righteousness.
- That Jesus Christ died for our sins, that he was buried, and that He was raised on the third day according to the Scripture.
- Christ’s substitutionary death as the sole ground for our salvation.
- The ordinance of water baptism of believers.
- The ordinance of the Lord’s supper for believers.
- The personal release of the Holy Spirit.
- The operation of the gifts of the Holy Spirit.
- The eternal life of the believer.
- The one universal Church, the body of Jesus Christ, and her local expressions, local churches.
- The reality and personality of satan.
- The bodily ascension of the Lord Jesus Christ to heaven, His enthronement, and His personal and visible return to His Church. We also embrace both the Apostle’s Creed and the Nicene Creed as documents to summarize the orthodoxy of the Christian faith.